1. Ask the Lord to speak to you in the night.
2. Develop an evening bedtime routine that focuses on the Lord. Relax reading your Bible or listening to teaching or worship music.
3. TV is a dream snatcher. Avoid going to bed straight from the television.
4. Wake up gently and slowly. Avoid loud, blaring alarm clocks. Waking up to classical or worship music actually is proven to help with dream retention.
5. Take a few moments BEFORE you get out of bed to ask the Lord if you had any dreams that night. Then think on that dream for a few moments recalling it fully before you get out of bed. Write it down or record it as soon as you can.